Painted tortillas will light the way to a cultural culinary journey that has guests sampling their way through centuries-old traditions, customs and food preparations. A children’s Art Competition and sale, artisans market, mohigangas, estudiantinas, mariachis and other surprises offer a constant source of entertainment and cultural enrichment throughout the evening. Located on a cobblestone street in the rear gardens and co-hosted by Instituto Allende, this all inclusive food, wine and cultural event was the talk of the town last year and the beginning of a Feed the Hungry San Miguel de Allende annual event.
All-inclusive pre-sale ticket prices are US $75 or $1,000 pesos at THIS LINK and are also available at La Conexion, Solutions and Recreo San Miguel. The cost at the door is US $85 or $1,100 pesos.
FEED THE HUNGRY SAN MIGUEL is a worthwhile cause to devote time and energy to. The 2011/12 School year Highlights outlined below are impressive but let’s make the 2012/13 School year even better!
• 814,968 meals served in the 2011/2012 school year
• 24,276 miles driven in the 2011/2012 school year by our volunteer drivers
• 3 nutrition and family gardening pilot projects commenced for families of ‘at risk’ children
• 15-20% increase in attendance at schools
• 1,000 square meter new FTHSM Center will enable us to maximize efficiency and increase the capacity to double our efforts.
• 7 local charities are provided with foodstuffs for the meals they provide to some 500 disadvantaged and some adults
• 561 mothers in 10 communities attended Nutrition workshops with Diana, our Nutritionist
• 96 new family gardens were added this year. This program enables families to supplement their diets with nutritional produce – a step toward sustainable self-reliance.
Enrich your spirit and your life! CLICK HERE to find out more about